- Sit on a yoga mat with your legs stretched out in front of you
- Bend you knees, and cross your right leg in front of your left leg
- Bring your knees closer together until your feet are directly underneath them
- Move forward so you can sit directly on your sitting bones
- Straighten your spine
- Rest your hands softly on your knees
- Practice deep, long breathing from your abdomen up to the lower, middle & upper lobes of you lungs and reverse on exhale. Repeat breathing technique five times.
- Repeat pose and swap the crossing of your legs
Extended Side Angle Pose
- Stand tall with your legs wide apart
- Turn left heel 15 degrees outwards. Then turn right foot & leg 90 degree outwards.
- Bend right knee to a 90 degree angle and place right forearm on your thigh
- Stretch your left arm vertically in line with the whole left side over your head (as pictured)
- Practise deep breathing and repeat breathing technique five times.
- Change side and repeat all steps.
Seated Forward Fold
- Sit with your legs straight in front of you
- Raise your arms up sideways and fold your body forward
- If your spine can not extend forward and curls into a roundish shape, bend your knees to ease your hamstrings which will give a straight extended spine priority.
- Consistently extend your spine
- Prioritise a long spine rather then reaching with your head to your knees
- Hold at your forward bending limit for 5 deep breaths.
- Lie on the floor face down with legs & top of feet extended
- Lift your knees off the floor keeping the feet on the floor
- Place hands under your shoulders
- Lift chest and head up with strong buttocks and the pubic bone firmly pressing in the floor, deepening the opening of the chest
- Hold for 5 deep breaths
Supta Parivrtta Merudandasana
Supine Spinal Twist
- Lie on your back extended body length
- Place right foot on top of left thigh
- Place left hand on right outer knee
- Bring your right knee over to your left side extending your right arm long to the right
- Looking over to the left
- Support your right knee down towards the floor and maintain right shoulder down to the floor
- Practice deep breathing with 5 deep breaths
- Change side and repeat steps 1-7
- We allow our body and mind to absorb the information of the practise on a cellular level.
- Letting go of the breath and the body gradually
- Create awareness of each part of the body which has contact to the earth and sink with each exhalation deeper in to the floor,
- Subtly letting go internally
- This postures require you to practise complete surrender
- Softening the face more and more
- Becoming aware of sounds one sound at the time without judging any of these sounds
- Allow 5 minutes at least to remain in this posture.